Gulf Cobla logo
Gulf Cobla New Office 2011 Deira Bay Maldives
HomeDredging and land reclamationMarine charterSurvey services

 

About us

History
Gulf Cobla was formed in 1977 as a limited liability company by decree of His Highness, Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, late Ruler of Dubai, with the objectives of carrying out dredging, reclamation and associated marine operations. The Founding Members, Costain (British) / Blankevoort (Dutch) and Dubai Transport Company, had already been successfully associated in the joint execution of dredging and reclamation works within the emirate of Dubai since 1970 and on other regional urbanization projects since 1965.

Gulf Cobla has historically been involved with a substantial number of major projects involving the interface between land and sea throughout the Emirates and other GCC-member countries. Recent activities include a few major projects as well as almost countless smaller projects for both private as well as governmental clients as well as world famous dredging works.

Company
Gulf Cobla is a medium sized dredging company focused on Cutter Suction Dredging Projects in the Middle East and surrounding areas.

Management and operatives are committed, and therefore all actively involved in topics as safety, environment and quality by means of providing and attending dedicated (internal) courses on quality, safety, STCW and other related subjects such as firefighting, first aid etc.. All operations, from tender, to survey, to projects execution are constantly being reviewed and have been used as a mold for the company management (ISO 9001).
Gulf Cobla, because of its short lines in the organization is able to react fast to market requirement and specific client requests whilst retaining the appropriate level of quality.

Share holders
Gulf Cobla  is owned by two shareholders, Dubai Transport Company L.L.C., a Dubai registered company wholly owned by U.A.E. nationals, a Founder member holding 51% of the share capital in the company. Saudi Bin Ladin Group Dubai holds the remaining 49% of the share capital since 1990.

This association of two large company groups, very active in the fields (amongst others) of building, haulage, road construction and civil engineering and both with strong regional ties, places considerable opportunity and resources at the disposal of Gulf Cobla